Sunday, 25 July 2010

Walking on broken glass

If you search on internet for information about Annie Lennox's "Walking on broken glass" song, it may look as if the most important fact about it is that Hugh Laurie starred in the video.

So did John Malkovich. And yes, Annie Lennox too. I loved the video, actually. John Malkovich, "Dangerous Liaisons", and all that, I was kind of bound to love it. Moreover the song's really good, a catchy melody and everytime I end up on it on my iPod, I just can skip forward.



I thought about it today...

"Walking on, walking on broken glass
And if you're trying to cut me down
You know that I might bleed
'Cause if you're trying to cut me down
I know that you'll succeed
And if you want to hurt me
There's nothing left to fear
Cause if you want to hurt me
You're doing really well my dear..."

Barefoot in the kitchen, not paying any attention at all, I didn't notice that there was a small fragment of glass (from a jug that Reda had dropped in the morning).
Well, I noticed it, once it stucked in the palm of my left foot. I think my neighbours might have noticed it too, given the level my voice reached.

So, to be negative about the day that's about to end, I can say that I crippled myself and now I'm not only grumpy as Dr. House, but I do walk just like him!

But if I want to look at the bright side of life, hey! I've discovered I can still swear in Chinese and Hungarian! Alongside, Italian, English and Piemontese dialect, plus some small bits of Spanish... I knew all this studying foreing languages would come in handy sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment