Friday, 12 August 2011

overheard in central London

I like the commute to work much better than the one back to home.
In the morning I might be yawning as a hippo, but I have plans, things to do, idea, people to talk to.
Most of the time I'm in a good mood and I don't mind the traffic or the frenzy pace of rush hour.


When I leave the office, on the other hand, it's a whole different thing: I'm tired, I'm still  yawning as an hippo and I just want to get home. Not an easy task given the amount of people, cars and bikes all around me: so I'm rarely in a good mood when I walk down to Trafalgar Square. 


Still, things can change rapidly. I don't need a lot for the smile to return.
I need a group of Italian teenagers approaching some policemen to ask for some direction.
I need the policemen staring blankly at each other and one of them doing his best to minimize his Mancunian accent when he slowly answers: "Sorry, I am not from London, you see?"


And the look on the face of the kids, wondering why there was an armed policeman not from London in central London, was just the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment