Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Marmite jam

I'm more and more convinced that Marmite has started to follow me everywhere recently. 
The notion makes me smile, even though I'm a bit worried, as the idea of that slimy, smelly spread sneaking at my back just makes me think about "The Blob". 
Talking about the Blob, I went to read the Wikipedia entry and gosh & blimey! 33.5 years on this planet and I never realised that Steve McQueen was in it!


Anyway, when I saw the word "Marmite" trending on Twitter this morning, I thought it was because of the strikes announced by its workers against the pension plan.But no, a quick look at some news websites and the truth was out:



There was a big jam on M1 and it was caused by a Marmite lorry colliding with a caravan.
The police had to close a section of the road to clean it of the content that fell off the truck.

I think they should have rather spread the Marmite evenly and directly repave M1. Marmite is cheaper than tarmac. And thicker. And smell as awful as hot tarmac, if not worse.

2 comments:

  1. Spero che posso vivere tutta la mia vita senza mangiare (o sentire l'odore!) di questo prodotto!:):)

    ReplyDelete