Saturday, 5 November 2011

unsubscribing

I was born later than the supposed expected date. So I guess it's quite right if I say I was born lazy.

It takes me a lot of time to do things, because I tend to postpone things.
Even a simple small task can go on and on, because I always find excuse not to do it.
For example, I receive a lot of mails that, even if they are not spam, I just don't read and bin them directly: I bet you know what I'm talking about. Newsletters.

It happens that you leave your mail address somewhere and you get newsletter. Some of them are useful, but most of them are pretty useless and get in the bin as soon as they are received.
Of course, I could unsubscribe, by scrolling down and down to the end of the newsletter and just click on the unsubscribe link. But then I think that I can do it another time or something distracts me, so my mail box keep getting mail and mails I don't really read.
Yesterday evening, however I had a geeky cleaning raptus and decided to clear up the mail account a little.

So I started unsubscribing here, there and everywhere: open mail, click the link at its bottom, confirm unsubscribe, close web tab, open next mail.
When I got to Etsy, I was about to close the tab, when I noticed it was different from the previous ones.

It looked like this:



I'm tempted to subscribe again just to unsubscribe, just to check whether it's only Paul Young, or there are some other '80s cheesy pop song videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment