Tuesday, 30 October 2012

50k

50K in a month.
No, no, sadly no real or fictional distant cousin of mine relocated to Nigeria and decided to leave me an income.

And it's not even one of those iron men competition.

50K in a month means an average of 1666 and repetitive 6 per day. Ok, let's make it 1667, easier, but less satanic.

It's the number of words I should write from November 1st to November 30th for the NaNoWriMo, the National Novel Writing Month
The idea is very simple in its absolute insanity: write a novel, 50.000 words in a month.

I'm not exactly sure why I did it. I was just browsing aimlessly through the web. It was late, I was feeling lonely and I thought "what the heck! If I got to have no social life, at least I can spend my time doing something interesting".

So, I signed up and I thought "what the heck were you thinking! A novel, 50000?!?! You got enough problems trying to put together a grocery list that makes any sense, imagine a novel!"
Anyway, I can't really turn back now, the die has been cast and all that jazz.
So, in 2 days time I'll be starting (gulp) writing a novel.
I'm setting up for big time failure because I got no idea, plot nor, I fear, time to materially put so many words together. Ok, I can use a random generator and a couple of monkeys, but that would defeat the purpose of the challenge, right?
I'll have to do it myself, I fear.

scrivere coi piedi

So, for now, I'm trying to defeat the tonsillitis that decided to show up now of all times and then I'll stack on coffee. Just need to write it down on the grocery list...

No comments:

Post a Comment