Wednesday, 3 April 2013

You can call me Hulk



The song has been stuck in my brain since yesterday evening. The tin whistle woke me up this morning alongside the alarm.
The chorus has been my official soundtrack of the day, with just some little changes to it.

You see, yesterday evening I felt in the mood for a Ernst Lubistch marathon: "Ninotchka", "To be or not to be" and "Trouble in Paradise".
First DVD in and I feel I could have some coffee.
I guess it's a fortune I don't live in one of those huge mansions you see on TV shows, otherwise I would have got to stop the DVD, walk the other side of the house and get the coffee from the kitchen. And probably I would have got to put it in a thermos to avoid it turning cold by the time I got back to the sitting room.
Luckily for me I live in a small house, so I got off the sofa, 2 steps and I was already in the kitchen.
Coffee done, I just grab a glass, the first thing within my grasp in the cupboard.

I poured the coffee in it and I broke the glass! Call me Hulk, I broke the glass!

broken glass

Split in half, so long my Lubitsch marathon, welcome cleaning evening: because obviously the glass cracked open when it was completely full of coffee (and grappa...) and, needless to say, drop down in every single drawer and compartment of the kitchen.
So...

"If you'll be my bodyguard
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you coffee
And coffee when you call me
You can call me Hulk!"

No comments:

Post a Comment