Sunday, 1 September 2013

spoilers for the new season

The streets are quiet outside.
It's not too warm, nor too cold.

There's always something somehow sad and melancholic about leaving August behind.

On the other hand there's a poorly hidden sense of anticipation and happiness at the idea of autumn about to start.



Autumn to me is the beginning of all things. Maybe because all the things that are important to me seems to start in September: school and holidays, the moment I started wearing glasses and the moment I stopped wearing glasses.
Summer never holds that much in store for me and this year it proved quite dull.

I'm really looking forward this autumn because it's my first real autumn in Milan. Last year doesn't really count: between dad's and my own surgeries, work and cultural return shock, I barely had time for anything or for myself.
This year, though, I want it to be different.

I want to leave bad things and mean people behind.
I want to cherish those who truly matter.

I want to learn new things, I want to laugh, I want to cry.

I want to be moody and let other people be moody.
I want to spoil my nephews and be spoiled by my mum.

I want to keep in touch with people and to send people to hell.
I want to read, to write, to knit and to cycle.

I want to sleep until late and stay up all night.

It's quite an intense schedule for one season only, but let's make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment