Thursday, 1 January 2015

And so it begins again...

The best part of non celebrating New Years Eve, aside avoiding all the stress to prepare for it, is waking up with no headache and battling no hangover.

This time I chose to avoid any form of celebration: I read, knitted, wrote a letter and when people started firing fireworks I realised that the year has changed.

Basically, everything I think and feel about yesterday has been brilliantly summed up by Jonathan Oliver here:


Up to few years ago I woud have (and did) lived such an evening as pure and utter failure and tragedy.
This time was a whole different story, so this morning I woke up with no consequences from the night before and just spent a nice day.

I went for a walk. I answered a lot of why and how come Ilaria wanted answers. And when I write a lot, I mean a lot, the quantity and the frequency rate only a 3-years old can come up with.

And I also learnt to double knit: no matter what this year will bring, I will make sure to have nice and colourful garnments to face it.


Bring it on, 2015. Bring it on.



No comments:

Post a Comment